- After successful online registration (1 Nov - 12 Dec) for the admission test, you will receive the link to the upload portal after 13.12. as well as all necessary instructions for analog portfolio submission
- A small artistic-practical homework assignment will be provided with the invitation
- Portfolio submission deadline: Febuary 2023
ALL DATES FOR PORTFOLIO CONSULTATIONS can be found here!
- Based on your work, the next step is to decide on admission to the entrance exam. We very much hope that the entrance exam can take place in February at weißensee kunsthochschule berlin or the digital format, due to the pandemic, will have to be used.
- You will receive further information about the entrance examination (February 20-24, 2023) in the invitation letter.
Porttfolio size in total maximum 20 MB. Up to 30 images (scans or photos, presented together in one pdf document: an explanatory help on data size reduction can be found as a download pdf, right.
The portfolio pdf document should contain a collection of current artistic works such as paintings, watercolors, prints, drawings, etc. and can also contain works such as sketches of ideas, photographs, textile works, experiments and designs.
No general theme or continuous narrative is necessary.
Unfortunately, the commission can not open films, software, sounds, texts, websites such as Instagram or external links.Your works and not their presentation will be evaluated.We therefore ask to refrain from adding decorative elements such as passepartouts, typography, gifs or clipart.Please sort your work according to importance and topicality. Your most important work should open the portfolio.
Naming your works__________________
We ask for very brief, simple, keyword information about each work, such as medium/size, date of creation and the context in which the work was created. In case of a group project, please also name co-authors. In case of a supervised work, please name supervising persons and the course/project/institution.Please collect the information on a separate Info sheet.
Example info sheet1
Cotton jersey T-shirt
Design/Author_in: John Doe (design and production), Jane Doe (print), Jim Doe (photo)
Date of origin: 20.11.2020
Place of origin: private
2. Nude drawing, penci
lDesign/Author_in: John Doe
Date of origin: 20.11.2020
Place of origin: Evening drawing class
3. Design project
Design/Author: Group work John Doe + Jane Doe
Date of origin: 20.11.2019
Place of origin: Advanced level art course 12th grade
The admission commission who will evaluate your artistic aptitude consists of fashion designers: Teachers of the Academy and students of the Fashion Department. Above all, the commission is interested to see what you are interested in and how you are already working — artistically or creatively. An interest in fashion, clothing, art and design should be recognizable.