Fine Arts/ Painting
After successful online registration(1.11.-11.12.2023) for the access exam, you will receive all necessary instructions for portfolio submission no later than December 22.
Digital or analog portfolio submission deadline: January 15 2024.
(ALL DATES FOR MAPPEN CONSULTATIONS can be found here!)
Based on your work, the next step is to decide on admission to the entrance exam.
You will receive further info and the exact dates for the entrance exam (19.02.-23.02.2024) in the invitation letter.
The portfolio consultation takes place here at the Kunsthochschule in the painting building.
Please register with Susan Lipp by 29.11.
You will then receive an e-mail with your time slot on Nov 30.
Unfortunately, digital advice is not possible, we are very sorry.
The format of the portfolio submission as well as the access exam will be determined at the application start. At the end of October, you will find the current guidelines and exact dates of the access exam, which will take place in mid-February 2024.
Digital portfolio (from Feb 2023)Please only as PDF! Please label the PDF with your name and application number.
- Maximum 30 pages. The recommended size of the PDF is 25 MB (maximum file size 30MB).
- At least 25 own artistic works on maximum 30 DIN A4 pages.
- Please indicate date, technique and dimensions: These can be illustrations of drawings, paintings, photographs, collages, individual pages from sketchbooks, three-dimensional works or sketches. The drawing has a high priority. In principle, you are free to decide on the format and method of working.
- (Audio-visual work samples, such as videos and animations should not exceed a total length of 5 minutes and, if necessary, be presented as a compilation of concise excerpts.
- The selected works are intended to give an insight into your previous working methods and art conception. Choose only the works that are important to you. Only in this way you can making personality and competence visible.
- The portfolio should also contain a short description of your personal motivation for studying painting / fine arts. Maximum half a A4 page (1500 characters including spaces).
- Please enclose a list of the works you have submitted as well as a short CV with the PDF.
- You do not have to pay any additional costs to have your portfolio professionally digitized! Just use your smartphone or a photo camera to document your work!