Students with disabilities and chronic illness

Consultation for all people with special needs / disadvantage compensation

Applicants and students with disabilities as well as people with chronic or mental illness can contact the "Representative for the concerns of students with disabilities and chronic illness" for confidential advice and information on application and study planning.

The counseling is integrated into the office of the General Student Counseling of the Department for Student Affairs, so that as a rule all concerns and questions regarding study design (including international mobility), examination matters, etc. can be clarified promptly and competently.

The weißensee kunsthochschule berlin has appointed Ms. Susan Lipp for this responsible task. Her representative is Ms. Brigitte Dierker.

In a confidential conversation, the possibilities of the students and also applicants are discussed with regard to an appropriate form of examination. After consultation with the person concerned, the relevant departments are then involved. In practice, upon request, the entire study situation is reviewed and individually adapted with regard to the specific needs of the impaired student, and examination facilitations - as far as possible - are already offered to applicants who have to take an artistic entrance examination.

Those affected can informally apply to the Office for Study Affairs for a so-called disadvantage compensation. A medical certificate is expected, in which it is explained that the student is only conditionally capable of taking exams and studying.

This also applies to students who have changed universities and to guest or exchange students.

It would be desirable to clarify the possibility of applying to StudierendenWERK BERLIN for integration assistance for which a fee is charged, e.g. sign language interpreters for persons who are not yet enrolled, i.e. student applicants.

Barrier-free university:

The newer buildings on campus are barrier-free. Unfortunately, most of the rooms above the first floor in the old buildings are not barrier-free, as no elevators can be installed due to the existing monument protection.




Susan Lipp hilft Ihnen zudem bei studienbedingten Belastungen und Problemstellungen wie z.B. bei Unsicherheiten im digitalen Semester oder über die Wahl der Kurse, Aufschiebeverhalten, Prüfungsangst, Studienabschlussproblemen sowie Studienschwierigkeiten.

Bitte senden Sie Ihr Anliegen per Mail oder melden Sie sich telefonisch unter: Tel: 030 47705 -342 oder -324 (Si - Do 10:00 – 15:00 Uhr, Di bis 17:00 Uhr). Persönlichen Sprechzeiten sind derezeit nur nach Absprache möglich.




Zudem bietet das studierendenWERK BERLIN für alle weißensee-Studierende kostenlose professionelle psychosoziale Beratungen an:


Studieren mit Kind
Bei der Organisation des Studiums im Mutterschutz, in der Elternzeit und mit Kind(ern) steht Susan Lipp gerne für Sie zur Verfügung, hier gelangen Sie zur Webseite "Studieren mit Kind".



Susan Lipp
General student advisory service
Room A1.03

Please send your request by e-mail 
or please contact us by phone: 030 47705 -342 or -324 (Tue - Thu 10 - 15 h, Tue until 17 h). 

Personal counseling on study organization is offered by Susan Lipp in room A1.03,
always on Tuesdays from 14 - 17 h. and Thursdays from 10 - 12 h.
For a personal appointment, please contact us in advance by telephone or in writing.

There is also the possibility of a video consultation via jitsi.
Send us an appointment suggestion by e-mail  from Tue - Thu 10 - 15 h!