Application MA Spatial Strategies
The next application period for the winter semester 23/24 is from March 01 to May 31, 2023.
The two-year fee-based program is intended for graduates of universities and academies, artists, architects, culture and media scholars, designers, sociologists, scientists etc. who wish to acquire - after a one year professional experience - an additional artistic qualification and Master of Arts.
Unfortunately, our online application portal is not self-explanatory in all aspects! Please read carefully our application guide!
For all questions regarding your online application, we are happy to help.
The application for the Masters program must be sent exclusively through the online application platform (Campuscore) of our school. The application portal is always open from March 1 - May 31. Master programs design always begin with the winter semester in October.
Your online-application has been completed, only if you click on the green button "submit application" (once all forms have been filled out completely). Please note that the deadline for submit your application is May 31 (23:59 CET).
Help with registration and creating your application as well as useful information can be found in the step-by-step instructions in the right-hand column.
Please inform yourself about the admission regulations before you apply for master degree.
- Portfolio of recent artistic work (can be supplemented with theoretical or curatorial work)
- Proof of the ability to work scientifically, artistically and transdisciplinarily through a written exposé (3 - 4 pages). In it, applicants should describe their individual study goals and a proposal for their own study project
- Certificate of your successfully passed first academic degree, in form of an officially authenticated translation in German or English.
- Proof of at least one year of work experience in a field relevant to the program, which was obtained after the first degree
- Brief curriculum vitae
Additionally for international applicants:
- German language certificate - At the time of application international applicants have to upload a language certificate qualification level or a confirmation of the current language course min B1. Please upload the recent proof you have. And please mind: the required qualification level for the Master degree programs is B2. The appropriate language certificate, for example TestDaF 3, DSH 1, telcB2 or the language proof from Goethe-Institut (qualification level B2) has to be submitted in October at the latest.
- Applicants from the People's Republic of China and Vietnam must include the certificate confirming that the papers have been pre-checked by the Academic Evaluation Centre (APS).
- Copy of valid residence permit (for admissions only)
Please note: all necessary certificates and documents must be upload in form of an officially authenticated translation in German or English.
1,250, - € plus 109.09 € administrative fees (registration or administrative fee, social contribution, ASTA) and optional 215.20 € semester ticket.
Since semester ticket (Berlin ABC). Since the winter semester 2015/16, part-time study is possible.
General student advisory service
Please send your request by e-mail
or please contact us by phone: 030 47705 -342 (Tue - Thu 10 -15 h, Tue until 17 h).
Personal office hours:
Tue 14 - 17 h and Thu 10 - 12 h and by appointment
For a personal appointment, please contact us in advance by telephone or in writing.
The student advisory service also invites you to open//virtual question times every Thursday from 12-13 pm (CET) (not on holidays)! You can find the link to the virtual room here! One-on-one interviews are available on request!