Fine Arts/ Painting
Portfolio consultation SCULPTURE & PAINTING on 29.1.2020 at 2pm
The departments of Painting and Sculpture will jointly offer a digital portfolio consultation via video conference on Friday, 29.1. for all applicants who have successfully registered in Dec. 2020.
There will be a brief open general question and answer session about the portfolio from 14:00 to 14:30.
This will be followed (14:30-18:00) by the opportunity for individual portfolio consultation with tutors from the two departments. It is recommended to be well prepared for the personal consultation, as only 5-10 minutes will be allotted per applicant. It is important to document your own work photographically beforehand so that you can present and discuss it digitally via screen sharing during the video conference.
Please indicate whether you would like to participate only in the general question-and-answer session or whether you would also like to attend an individual consultation afterwards.
We will then send you an email with the access link to the video conference, a personal time slot and all other details to be considered.
Deadline for registration for individual consultation: 26.1.20
Registration only by email:
with your name, field of study, Application-number (EP-no) and request for individual counseling to: studienberatung(at)kh-berlin.de
The Student Advisory Service will also be available that day for general questions from 1:30 - 3 p.m. at https://jitsi.kh-berlin.de/studienberatung. Without registration.
Information and deadlines for digital portfolio submission
- After successful online registration for the artistic admission test, you will receive the link to the upload portal and all the necessary instructions for digital portfolio submission via Campuscore after the end of the application deadline.
- Digital portfolio submission deadline: 31.3.2021
- Based on the uploaded digital works, the next step is to decide on admission to the entrance examination. You will receive the decision in mid-April and we very much hope that the qualifying examination can take place in June 2021 at the weißensee kunsthochschule berlin.
Notes on the digital portfolio in the department of Painting
- Please only as PDF! Please label the PDF with your name and application number.
- Maximum 30 pages. The recommended size of the PDF is 25 MB.
- At least 25 own artistic works on maximum 30 DIN A4 pages.
- Please indicate date, technique and dimensions: These can be illustrations of drawings, paintings, photographs, collages, individual pages from sketchbooks, three-dimensional works or sketches. The drawing has a high priority. In principle, you are free to decide on the format and method of working.
- (Audio-visual work samples, such as videos and animations should not exceed a total length of 5 minutes and, if necessary, be presented as a compilation of concise excerpts.
- The selected works are intended to give an insight into your previous working methods and art conception. Choose only the works that are important to you. Only in this way you can making personality and competence visible.
- The portfolio should also contain a short description of your personal motivation for studying painting / fine arts. Maximum half a A4 page (1500 characters including spaces).
- Please enclose a list of the works you have submitted as well as a short CV with the PDF.
- You do not have to pay any additional costs to have your portfolio professionally digitized! Just use your smartphone or a photo camera to document your work!