Bachelor Design and Fine Art Programs
Application for winter term 2019/20 will start on 1 Nov and end on 10 Dec 2018!
The application period for undergrade programs is always from 01 November to 10 December, all undergrade study programms commence winter semester only, with start in October.
The aptitude test itself takes place from 11 - 15 February 2019 at the academy of art. Appointments for the portfolio coaching can be found here here!
ONLINE-REGISTRATION FOR APTITUDE TEST
Please use exclusively our online application platform, please click here for registration for winter term 2019/20:
>>>Online Application Portal Campuscore<<<.
Help on how to register and complete your application you find in our:
- Please note that the deadline for submit your application is 10 Dec 2018. Your online-application has been completed, only if you click on the green button "submit application" (once all forms have been filled out completely).
- At this point of the process you won't need your portfolio or other documents like cv etc., only a proof of language skills (A2/B1/B2) should be uploaded, in case German is not your mother tongue.
- You will receive the letter of invitation with all information you need approximately 4–6 weeks after the deadline. The aptitude test will take place 2019 February 11-15 and starts with the submission of your portfolio.
- Please do not send any additional documents by post before official admission. Only after passing the aptitude test we request your full application documents for the admission in April.
For further questions about application, admission and online-registration please ask the Student Service.
The application procedure is the same for all bachelor and diploma courses. Here you will find the individual steps:
Step 1: Registration for the artistic aptitude test: Fill in the online form you will find here shortly before the start of the application period! Please mind, the portfolio has to be submitted first in February 2019 on the first day of the artistic aptitude test.
Step 2: In January you will receive an invitation to the aptitude test, that will take place in February 2019. May be that you get a request that you have to do a special artistic homework.
Step 3: The test starts with the submission of your portfolio and if required your special homework.
The examining board reviews the submitted portfolios.
It selects those candidates who reveal the artistic qualification for the requested subject. If you are on the short list you have to pass artistic tests during 2 or 3 days, that includes also a written exercise and an interview with the examination board.
So you have to be in Berlin in person, also for the risk you don´t get admitted to the test and the entrance exam/aptitude test will be terminated with the portfolio review.
Step 5: If you pass this test successfully you are allowed/invited to apply for admission at the Berlin Weissensee Art Academy, if you fulfil the admission requirements.
If you pass the aptitude test successfully you are allowed/invited to apply for admission at the Berlin Weissensee Art Academy, if you comply with all formalities:
1. artistic aptitude
2. qualification for entrance to German University that means a Higher Secondary (School) certificate or alternatively special artistic aptitude
3. proof of practical experiences in a study relevant field, 6-8 weeks internship, except for applicants in our three Fine Arts programs.
4. For international students: proof of German language proficiency. At the time of application international applicants have to upload a language certificate qualification level or a conformation of the current language course min. A2. Please upload the recent proof you have. Please mind, that the relevant language certificate must be submitted : for example Test-DaF 4, telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule, DSH 2, the language proof of the Goethe Institution or of the UDK (qualification level C1) for Design departments; and Test-DaF 3, DSH 1, telc B2, the certificates of the UDK or Goethe Institution (qualification level B2) for the Fine Arts study programs.
An admission can be filed only after you have successfully passed the artistic aptitude test, whereupon applicants will receive a corresponding application form from Berlin Weissensee Art Academy. The validity of the test expires after two years. If you don't pass the test successfully, you may repeat it as often as you like.
Information on admission and matriculation for international applicants
All applicants regardless the nationality are equate with in the application process, provided international applicants can submit a proof of German language proficiency with the online application in December:
minimum of the qualification level A2 all programs.
The language of instruction is German in all our courses. As German is even the main language during the aptitude test it is absolutely necessary to be provided with a sufficient knowledge of German language. Needless to say that most professors speak English very well, so in case of need, you may be able to explain your ideas, aims and motivation also in English.
After a positive decision, you must submit a language certificate for the admission in April: for example TestDaF 4, telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule, DSH 2, the language proof from the UDK or Goethe Institition (qualification level C1) for Design departments; and Testdaf 3, DSH 1, telc B2, the certificates from the UDK or Goethe Instititute (qualification level B2) for the Fine Arts study programs.
In exceptional cases, a proof of the exam registration or a certificate of the B2 / C1 - course is also sufficient for the time being. Please note: The relevant language certificate must be submitted before your studies begin. If you think you can´t prove the required certificate, you may apply for delay.
Please note: all necessary certificates and documents must be submitted in form of an officially authenticated translation in German or English. Applicants from the People's Republic of China, Vietnam and Mongolia must include the original certificate confirming that the papers have been pre-checked by the Academic Evaluation Centre (APS).
To enrol into the academy of art Weissensee costs about 300 € twice a year (every term) and includes the ticket for the local transport. No tuition fees are required!
For further questions about application, admission and study please ask the Student Service.
general course guidance
weissensee academy of art berlin
Bühringstr. 20 - 13086 Berlin
open hours: room A 1.09 tuesday 11-13, thursday 14-17
telephone advisory service: +49 30 47705 342 tuesday 14-16, wednesday 10-12